Clementine Ewokolo Burnley is a mother, public storyteller, and community worker. Her short stories, essays and poetry have appeared most recently in Losslit, anthologies by Teamangelica Press, Versal Journal, The Feminist Wire, Parabola Magazine and die Neue Rundschau. In 2014 she co-edited a short story collection Winter Shorts with Sharon Dodua Otoo (edition assemblage). In 2017 Clementine was nominated for the Bristol Short Story Prize 2017, and was in the final selection for the Miles Morland Award.
Clementine runs regular writing workshops in Berlin, Germany and internationally.
Clementine as a facilitator:
My passion is helping teams, organisations and communities create connections through well handled conflict. I develop Training Concepts, Course Content, Assessment Tools, Group Process tools, deliver courses face to face and online, mentor, coach and counsel in a tailored dynamic and need-based mode.
- Keynote Speech at LITERARISCHES COLLOQUIUM BERLIN 24. MAI 2018
- Podiumsdiskussion zu Kulturelle Bildung 31. MAI 2018
NACHWUCHSFÖRDERUNG FÜR JUNGE KULTURSCHAFFENDE IN BERLIN
- POETICS OF REFUSAL at Savvy, studying with Simone White!
- Femgeniuses, Speaking with Heidi Lewis: Reconciling Conflicting Goals in Black Feminism am MITTWOCH, 13. JUNI 2018
- Panel “Perspectives on a more Plural Europe” Creamcake Europool 23.6.18
- Keynote with Sharon Dodua Otoo at E.O.T.O Literaturfestival AFROLUTION 27. 06. 2018
- Missing Africa Writes especially the Panel with Phyll Opoku reading from Sista! and Cassava Republic’s new Queer Anthology
- Symposium “Neue Perspektiven” Geschichte Schreiben (Neue Rundschau 2018/2),
- Learning to podcast at Shout Out Live, Women’s Podcast Festival April 2018
- Reading Poetry/Essays on Migration Afrika Medien Zentrum e.V. in AUGUST, 2018
- Performance, Reeperbahn Festival, Hamburg, September 2018
- Panel with AnouchK Ibacka Valente at Women of Colour Conference, Berlin September 2018
- Facilitating Working On Our Power Retreat am OKTOBER, 2018
- Curating Laboratory for Musical Resistance at 3hD Festival, Berlin System.Lure 25-27 OCTOBER 2018
- 26 October Panellist at Interlause 4 Literature and Urban Space with Sarnath Banerjee, Katy Derbyshire, Florian Duijsens (moderator) and Annett Gröschner.